Germany is one of the most preferred destinations for students to study abroad in the world due to its high academic level and free public universities. German universities are home to some of the best universities in the world and are famous for delivering high-quality education. Studying in Germany will be the best option if you are looking for well high-class education that will help you secure an excellent job after graduation.
Hundreds of universities (both public and private) are available in Germany that offers free or very low-fee tuition programs available for international students. After getting into a German university, be sure to receive a first-class education and a formal degree to show for it, which is recognised all over the world. However, the following are some of the factors to consider while choosing a university for you:
- Decide your career aspirations
- Check out the University Ranking Lists
- Compare course content
- Know about the admission requirements
- Research about employment opportunities
- Look for the best accommodation options
Which are the Best Universities in Germany?
Let us take a glance at the top-ranked universities in Germany for the upcoming year:
- Ludwig Maximilian University
- Ludwig Maximilian University (LMU), also known as the University of Munich, was established in 1472. This beautiful architecture is situated in the state of Bavaria, right in the heart of Munich. LMU is an academic and research institution par excellence that has over 500 years of history. The university has an excellent record in teaching and learning, academic research and attendance. Here around 15 per cent of all students are international getting top-class standards in teaching and research. Natural Sciences & Mathematics, Social Sciences, Humanities, Environment & Agriculture, Medicine & Health, Business & Management, Computer Science & IT, and Engineering & Technology few most recommended programs at FMU.
- Free University of Berlin
The Free University of Berlin (FUB), also known as Freie Universität Berlin or just FU was founded in 1948 in southwestern Berlin. It is a public research university that was recognised as Berlin’s main university. FUB has owned an excellent international reputation and is associated with 5 Nobel laureates. Here, you get 178-degree programs and 73 undergraduate degree programs in 15 field departments.
- FUB is the most attractive in Germany for foreign researchers with around 13% of students from abroad in bachelor’s degree programs and 29% in master’s degree programs. As one of the most prestigious institutions in the country, the Free University of Berlin has been conferred the title of “University of Excellence” under the German Universities Excellence Initiative.
- The Humboldt University of Berlin.
Humboldt University of Berlin (HUB) was founded by Wilhelm von Humboldt to bring his vision of a new type of university to life with the purpose to unify research and teaching. HUB is amongst the top-ranked universities in the country due to its high standards of education. There are around 15% of international students attend the university in the heart of Germany’s capital. Degree programmes in the fields like Social Sciences, Humanities, Environment & Agriculture, Law, Natural Sciences & Mathematics, and Medicine & Health are available to choose from.
- The Technical University of Munich.
Technical University of Munich (TUM) is located in the heart of Munich and is an ideal university for international students in the areas of engineering and science. TUM is recognised among the best technical universities in Germany and one of the top research universities in the European Union. The university offers a choice of 182-degree programs, including 69 English language study programs. The Technical University of Munich has strong ties to the world’s top companies and scientific institutions. This makes it an excellent place to start your career journey as an ambitious fledgling scientist.
The university originally focused on the engineering stream which was then expanded over the years to include other fields like Natural Sciences, Social Sciences, Agriculture, Brewing and Food Technology, and Medicine.
- Ruprecht-Karls-University Heidelberg
Ruprecht-Karls-University Heidelberg has an extensive tradition and is also internationally oriented in teaching and research. This makes the university ideal for highly individual studies as well as interdisciplinary learning. Getting admission done in this university will also give you high quality of living. It provides a comfortable, diverse and equal-opportunity environment where you can obtain degrees in the field of your choice. You get a total of more than 160 study programmes with a broad spectrum of possible subject combinations. A few examples are Natural Sciences & Mathematics, Medicine & Health, Social Sciences, Art, Design & Media, Business & Management, Computer Science & IT, Humanities, Law, etc.
Are you someone who wants to pursue your studies in Germany? This article will help you get some clarity on which German university can be the best choice for you. There are many great German universities that offer a wide range of courses, many taught in English. Still, it is beneficial for you as a foreign student to learn the basics of the German language for your convenience. You can definitely find some online German language courses that will make the process of learning a new language easy.